Thursday, March 27, 2008

It's all ears, apparently.



The Ear Book!

The Alliance Graphique Internationale publishes some serious annual reports. By serious I mean fantastic. The designer's name is Jianping He, and he explains:

"The brief was totally open apart from the size of the book and the title "AGI New Voice". When I found out the title I immediately imagined an ear hearing this 'new voice,' so I tried to design a book with an ear. We alo focused all the layout and cover design on the word 'voice;' loud on the inside, but with a calm cover featuring an ear."

As the cover has an ear on the bind (see cool pic above), it was probably difficult to find a binding technique that would work. After doing some research, I found out that the book used an old traditional Chinese binding method - instead of being glued together, the pages were punched and then bound with yarn. Slick.

No comments: